We are hiring a Vice President in Los Angeles to join our global Creative team. Reporting into the Head of West Coast Creative, you have extensive experience of successfully nurturing talent and professional relationships in the genres Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B and Gospel.
You have a track record of finding and attracting new talent with a mature approach that builds successful relationships based on trust and transparency.
You can also work collaboratively as part of a close-knit and respected global team, leading by example and acting as a mentor to others. Kobalt’s values are a core component of our creative culture that has been a proven catalyst to success and we will be looking for your soft skills to exhibit humility, honesty , adaptability, strong work ethic as well as being a true team player.
WHAT DOES A VP, CREATIVE DO AT KOBALT?
- You will be responsible for researching and identifying available and unpublished talent, oversee creative efforts, acquisitions, and communication with all our Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B and Gospel clients as well as having a general working knowledge of trends across all popular music.
- You will also oversee deal flow and evaluation working alongside internal departments such as Finance, Business Affairs and our Writer & Publisher Relations team.
- You will manage a high-performing team providing advice, leadership and mentorship.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with high-level industry insiders (managers, agents, attorneys, publicists and labels).
- You will create opportunities for existing clients (including but not limited to: setting up sessions and collaborations, pitching songs and beats) as well as communicate and work closely with the entire global creative team on various projects and other departments to formulate deal proposals.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a deep understanding of current and future trends in music, music business and pop culture with extensive knowledge of Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B and Gospel.
- You have experience in a similar senior position in the music industry where you have developed strong business skills as well as successful client relationships.
- You have led high-performing teams and have a track-record of gaining commitment and building trust as well as encouraging individual and collaborative success.
- You can demonstrate a good working knowledge of music publishing including royalties, copyright, sync and creative deals to compliment your broad music industry acumen.
- You have a track record of conducting business practices that are forward-thinking with a keen awareness of new trends in music and technology in the industry.
- You have a strong work ethic and a proactive approach to identify and renew existing deals that are performing well.
- You have also honed your reporting and analytical capabilities to keep teams and management accurately informed of current and future developments.
- You have experience adapting in a fast-paced environment and can work well independently as well as collaboratively in a close-knit team environment.
- Your communication is respectful, concise, timely and transparent to ensure planning, execution and goals are clearly understood by everyone.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.