Free live music for those who want to dance and those just want to listen will be offered at summer concerts in Port Angeles, Sequim and Port Townsend next week.
The concerts are Tuesdays in Sequim, Wednesdays in Port Angeles and Thursdays in Port Townsend. Guests are welcome to bring chairs and blankets as well as picnics.
The Backwoods Hucksters will perform Tuesday at Sequim’s Music in the Park at the James Center for the Performing Arts at Carrie Blake Community Park, 500 N. Blake Ave.
The concerts are from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 30 at the center. They are co-sponsored by the City of Sequim and the City Arts Advisory Commission with Sequim Community Broadcasting/KSQM Radio!
At 6 p.m. Wednesday, Cedar Teeth will perform at Port Angeles’ Concerts on the Pier on City Pier at Lincoln Street and Railroad Avenue. The Juan de Fuca Foundation for Arts will host the concerts through Aug. 31.
Adding to the festivities this summer is a beer and wine garden.
Sponsors are Erika Ralston Word of Windermere Real Estate, D. A. Davidson, Elwha River Casino, Washington State Department of Commerce and the Peninsula Daily News.
Cedar Teeth also will perform at Port Townsend’s Concerts on the Dock at Pope Marine Plaza on Thursday. The venue opens at 4:30 p.m., and music will be performed live from
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
A beer, wine and cider garden featuring local brews is planned and a variety of vendors will participate. Port Townsend Main Street and Homer Smith Insurance will host the concerts through Aug. 25.
Other sponsors include Windermere Real Estate, Peninsula Hearing, SYSCO Foods, Aldrich’s Market, the law firm of James A. Doros, The Kellogg Building and the City of Port Townsend. The media sponsors are KPTZ 91.9 FM and the PDN.
Here are the schedules throughout the rest of the summer.
Concerts in the Park
• Aug. 2 — Bread & Gravy Quintet.
• Aug. 9 — Ranger and the “Re-Arrangers,” gypsy jazz.
• Aug. 16 — Navy Band NW Wind Ensemble/Concert Band.
• Aug. 23 — Black Diamond Junction, which was voted the PDN Best Live Band 2016-2021.
• Aug. 30 — Sound Advice, Motown, soul and rock.
For more, see visitsunny sequim.com/202/Concerts.
Concerts on the Pier
• Aug. 3 — Sarah Shea and Chez Jazz, classic standard and hot jazz.
• Aug. 10 — Bread and Gravy quintet.
• Aug. 13 — Chandra Johnson and the Homeschool Boys, non-traditional bluegrass and country.
• Aug. 24 — Honey of the Heart, music influenced by folk, soul, jazz and world/flamenco styles.
• Aug. 31 — Black Diamond Junction.
For more see, jffa.org.
Concerts on the Dock
• Aug. 4 — Daring Greatly, five-piece known for harmonies.
• Aug. 11 — Kilcid Band. psych-pop.
• Aug. 18 — Backwoods Hucksters.
• Aug. 25 — Kevin Mason and the PT All Stars, soul, rhythm and blues, rock.
For this grand finale, the music will continue with a Late Night DJ Party from
8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Cotton Building, 607 Water St.
For more, see ptmain street.org.